A history of building specialised vehicles and trailers
Cosby Suppliers’ company history dates back to 1957 when it was established in the Leicestershire village of Cosby by Mr Raymond Duffin, originally as a car dealership and then going on to sell commercial vehicles. As a result, the company expanded to provide haulage bodywork and continued to do so until the late 1980’s, when Philip Duffin, son of the founder, expanded the portfolio into the specialised vehicles and trailers market. An IT trailer for Leicester based Computer Stand By was the first specialist conversion and for the next decade the proportion of specialised vehicles and trailers work gradually increased.
Today, specialised vehicles and trailers bodywork accounts for more than 95% of production and the Cosby team has manufactured for some of the biggest brands in global business including IBM, Hewlett Packard, Samsung, Audi and Ducati.